Get your first taste of the new Career Essentials program with the Film and TV Industry Practicum—offered for the very first time this Fall, in an Intensive weekend format, taught by the amazing faculty from Drama, Inc. in Atlanta, Georgia.
The expanded Film and TV Practicum will begin in Winter/Spring 2023.
This intensive weekend will cover audition technique for camera, how to self tape, and the subtlety of On Camera work.
Other topics we will cover include:
- The difference between stage acting and on-camera acting
- Actor’s Access, Headshots, Resumes, Social Media, Websites and Reels
- Agents and Managers
- Being repped in different markets
- Unions – when to join
- Differences between LA, NYC and Atlanta markets
- Auditions – when to memorize, how to memorize, how to audition with script in hand
- Quick turnaround auditions–how to quickly do script analysis on audition sides
- Slating – how to slate
- Eyelines, marks, and cues
Actors will be assigned on camera scenes in advance of the weekend. The weekend also includes a visit and talk with an industry guest.
Teachers: Jason MacDonald, Claire Bronson, Catherine Dyer, and Scott Poythress
Prerequisites: Foundational acting training. Inquire further with Director of Admissions
Duration: NOVEMBER 12 and 13, 2022
Saturday 10am-5pm (Lunch Break 1-2)
Sunday 10am-5pm (Lunch Break 1-2)
$375 + $75 admin fee
If you are a TK Studio alumni interested in enrolling in the Film and TV Industry Practicum Intensive Weekend Nov 12-13, 2022—-email the Admissions Director expressing interest and including your headshot and resume.
The Admissions Director will then alert the 12 students accepted, after which they will submit payment.