In the summer, we invite the best and brightest young theatre artists to experience one of the highest quality summer acting programs with Terry Knickerbocker Studio’s Summer High School Program, located in Brooklyn, NYC.
In this multi-week program, as a member of the next rising generation of theatre artists you will explore and expand your skills, stretch your imagination, and step outside of your comfort zone. This is an incredible chance to meet other actors your own age and form connections with those who will grow to be your peers in the industry. Our program also offers you a chance to experience intense conservatory-style training, which can help inform future decisions to pursue training after high school. Your work here will also enhance your performance in your high school training and producations.
- Experience intense conservatory-style training
- To know whether you want to pursue this kind of training in college
- Be a better actor for your high school productions
Upon completion of our summer acting classes, you will join an inspiring and respected community of successful actors, and you, too, can proudly call yourself an alum of TKS.
Who is the summer acting program for?
This is an acting program for teens who are rising Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors. Our summer acting camps are for young actors who are serious about training as an actor, finding their voice, and creating original work. While we encourage both students with more experience and those students who are newer to acting to attend, we will take you seriously as an actor and expect you to hold yourself to the same standards.
You’ll find and cultivate your own unique voice and truth, and discover who you really are as a young actor and artist.
The TKS Difference
We know there are many NYC acting camps available for high school-aged actors, so here’s how we stand out:
- Sanford Meisner’s popular and effective approach to actor training is at the heart of our teaching and philosophy, and a diverse group of some of the most exciting teachers working in the profession will bring you an array of supporting classes that will complement your Meisner work—Voice and Singing, Movement, Clown, and Creating Your Own Work (devising).
- Each of our instructors are working toward a shared goal of training, seeing, and hearing each individual student as an artist who is learning to create their own original work in community with a like-minded ensemble of unique, daring artists of the future.
- Our Master Class Series where students will have the opportunity to connect with and learn from leading current artists in theater/film/television, such as Jurnee Smollett, Diana Oh, Stevie Walker-Webb, Jonathan McCrory, and Jharrel Jerome.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Intensive Summer Acting Program for Young Actors
Stay tuned for the next opportunity to participate in our Summer Program. Feel to reach out to us for more information using the How Can We Help form below and we will let you know when the next program takes place.
Location: TK Studio, Industry City, Sunset Park, Brooklyn
(Payment plans available. Inquire about financial aid opportunities)
Please note: as this is not a sleepaway camp, housing is not included; that said, if you’re coming from further away, we do have a connection to educational housing nearby and are happy to work with you if needed.
While meals are not included, our location in Industry City allows students access to a variety of delicious and exciting food options, and we are always eager to make recommendations.